Distance 34.3 km
The Cave bike path takes you around the magical land of karst through 5 larger or better known caves around the town of Postojna: the world famous Postojna Cave into which you will be taken by the cave train, only 500m long but the beautiful Otok Cave, cave under Predjama Castle and the Pivka and Black Cave which are linked by a tunnel. Fans of old folk tales are recommended to visit the smaller churches along the path and to those of you who would like to play some additional sports activities besides cycling we recommend playing basketball, volleyball, tennis and to swim in the pool at the Pivka Cave campsite. A tour to all the above listed caves can be arranged by agreement or according to the timetable. A cycling guide and map are available.
Update: November 08, 2016
33T 438479 5070292
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view