The village of Lukomir is usually not included in this walk as it makes it too long and strenuous, but you can visit it if you like. You can reach the village of Vrdolja by car, and then set out on foot towards Blace. The lake can be reached via a road connecting all the surrounding villages. It , kojim su povezana sva okolna sela. The road to Lukomir branches off just after you set out, as to the roads to the villages of Ćuhovići and Blaca a little further down. The ascent to the peaks Markovac (1450 MASL) and Veliki lisac (1504 MASL) starts by the lake. Both peaks offer a wonderful view of the canyon of the Rakitnica. Markovac is the only place in the area where there is mobile phone signal. The upper road to Lukomir via Lovnica is rough, tiring, and takes a long time to travel.
The return is easy, without ascents. You pass by the village of Ćuhovići and continue to the starting point, the village of Vrdolje.
Safety informationThe trail is technically undemanding (but it does require a high level of fitness) and there is no risk of landmines.
Tips and hintshttp://planinarenje.ba/
Getting thereTake M17 from Sarajevo and drive to the west, in the direction of Konjic. Just before you enter the town, by the petrol station, turn left towards the village of Džepi. Drive up the narrow road, pass through Džepi and park in the village of Vrdolje.
ParkingPark on the lay-by.
EquipmentStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.