Easy walk, good for the time of year when the snow is deep, the weather bad and the days short. Although the altitude is just slightly over 1500 metres, you will enjoy a beautiful view of the mountains round Sarajevo.
Distance 8.9 km
The route leading to Sarajevski Ozren which involves easy and comfortable walk and approximately 300 m of climbing, starts at Čavljak and proceeds along a marked hiking trail which leads to the summit of Crepoljsko (1524 m above sea level). The path at Čavljak starts with a forest trail which ends in a macadam road leading to the houses at the foot of Crepoljsko after about 2 km. The path is characterized by gentle climb and the meadows which offer the view of Sarajevo and the mountains around the city, encompassing everything along with the Crepoljsko summit which dominates this area.
Update: March 04, 2016
Safety informationThe trail is technically undemanding and there is no risk of landmines.
Tips and hintshttp://planinarenje.ba/
Getting thereIf you're going by your own vehicle head to Sedrenik over Bjelave and Podhrastovi. After Sedrenik turn left to the road leading to Barice. You can leave the car in Barice or keep going all the way to Čavljak.
ParkingCar park in Barice or Čavljak.
34T 294975 4864212
EquipmentStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view