Circular walk in Karka Park
Outdooractive Editors Verified partner
krka National ParkPhoto: Tal Schindele, Outdooractive Editors
* Bathers are advised to come to the reserve with a waterproof bag in which you can put your valuables and enter the water with them.
* In the central pool there is a strong current of water that requires physical effort, therefore physical strength and good swimming ability are required, small children must be well watched when bathing.
* It is recommended to come to the park when it opens, as towards lunchtime it becomes crowded with visitors, and the amount of daily tickets is also limited.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Rest stopsהבריכה הגדולה של פארק קרקא
Safety information* There is a strong current in the central pool that requires physical strength and good swimming ability, children bathing in the pool must be well watched.
Tips and hints* In order to avoid a long line at the ticket office and congestion in the park, it is recommended to arrive at its opening hour.
The route starts in the village of Skardin where you have to enter the ticket office and buy tickets for the cruise, you can buy tickets for the park's official cruise or at the pier you can join a private cruise.
Swim towards the park and then simply start walking along the road towards the central pool, from there you have to get on the big bridge that crosses the pool and follow the path according to the accepted walking direction in the place. After the bridge, a moderate ascent begins leading to the first observation point of the park where you can stop and take pictures. After that, take a few steps back towards the path from which we diverged towards the observation point and continue along the road according to the direction of walking and enjoy walking mainly on wooden bridges next to water and waterfalls. The route ends with a descent leading to the central pool where you can also bathe. We have not encountered any cases of theft, but this is a very touristic and popular site, so we learned in the field that next time, like other travelers there, it is recommended to have a waterproof bag in which you can put your valuables, enter the water with it and enjoy a fun, utopian and carefree bath.
* Comfortable walking shoes.
* Sufficient amount of drinking water.
* Swimsuit for those who want to bathe in the water.
* A waterproof bag for storing valuables and entering the water with them - recommended.
* Towel and sunscreen.
* Spray against mosquitoes and insects - recommended!
- 8 Waypoints
- 8 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others