From the Lake, the path goes east and orientation shouldn’t be difficult, as your goal is to descend into the canyon of Sutjeska River. Before turning left and starting your descent, it is recommended to continue going forward for an additional 10 minutes, to the view point Boric. Overlooking the Canyon of Sutjeska River from Boric, it’s possible to see the highest peak of B&H, Maglic, as well as Volujak Moutain and even Durmitor Mountain in Montenegro.
Once you are back at the junction, there is a point sign towards Kovacev Panj. Follow the gully across the meadow and soon, red and white circles will appear on the trees, as you will enter high beech forest.
Although the path is not frequently used, all markings have recently been repainted and the path is very obvious and easy to follow. After two hours, you should reach the main road of Tjentiste. Follow the road north and in 30 minutes you will be in the center of the NPS. Historical monuments, restaurants and additional facilities can be found there.
Getting thereBy car from a regional road from Foča towards Tjentište, take the right turn just before the bridge just after you see a road sign to Savin Grob. From here, there is 20 km of dirt road towards Donje Bare and turnings as follow: 1st turning on right, 2nd turning on left and 3rd turning on left. All the juncions have a sign post showing the direction.
ParkingAt Donje Bare, there is a big parking area with an information table about the hikes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.