This phase of the hike is planned to take the main asphalt road through the Vermosh valley over the official Bashkimi-Grncar border crossing between Albania and Montenegro.
Distance 32.7 km
At a distance of 14 kilometers, you will reach the centre of Gusinje, a small town in Montenegro, and then continue along the route to Vusanje, the last village in Montenegro and at the beginning of the Ropojan valley and then dirt road to Zastan at 1300 meters above sea level (m.a.s.l.) where the old military watchtower is located. There is a family that stays with their herd there in the summertime where you can get a meal. You can also camp here.
Update: September 08, 2021
34T 392619 4716131
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view