The trail begins 400 meters south of the stećci above lake Štirin and goes off the track "Put Dr. Jovo Elčić" towards Kotlaničko lake and follows the old path built by nomadic herders, who were here until 15 years ago. Kotlaničko lake is located in a basin (bos. kotlina), which is how it got its name.
The most beautiful and deepest lake is lake Zelengora. Its maximum depth is 10 meters and it is rich in brown trout.
Pridvorica is rich in cultural and natural heritage. It is located at 930 meters above sea level below Zelengora mountain. River Pridvorica passes through Pridvorica. It is 2 km long, with a beautiful large spring at the top of the village. Water from Kotlaničko lake makes up most of the springs. Below the village, the river flows into the Neretva river.
EquipmentStandard hiking equipment in accordance with the season and the weather conditions.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.