The trails at Skakavac are well-maintained and marked, with hand rails installed along some stretches.
Although Skakavac is some 100 metres high, it has a rather low flow rate. From the waterfall take the fores road to the starting point.
Rest StopMountain restaurant "Hotel Promaja"
Safety informationThe trail is technically undemanding and there is no risk of landmines.
Tips and hintshttp://planinarenje.ba/
Getting thereTake a taxi or public transport because the start and end points are at different locations.
Take the city van to Nahorevo, or a taxi to the Skakavac nature park entrance (to Dragan's).
ParkingPark at the lay-by.
EquipmentStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.