Distance 22.5 km
The trail is flat and suitable for everyone. Most hikers complete it in four to five hours. The trail has three entry points: Nova vas, Velike Bloke and Volčje. It will take you along the town of Volčje, Lake Bloke, through the villages of Sv. Duh, Ravnik and Gradiško with a splendid view of the entire Notranjska Region. The trail continues through the village of Zavrh, passes by the church of St. Ulrich and the remains of the Fajgl Homestead where Martin Krpan lived and the villages of Zales, Sveta Trojica, Velike Bloke and over the slopes of Mount Bradatka and back to Lake Bloke. It is not only a recreational walk in picturesque nature but also a very educational trip. During the trip you will discover numerous cultural and other attractions like the sculpture of the ox of Bloke, the “pajštaba” – area for drying fruit, the Bočko Sawmill, the bridge of Napoleon crossing Bloščica Creek and a few beautifully preserved churches. On the plain along Bloščica Creek, stretch extensive wet meadows which are among the best preserved in Slovenia.
Update: November 08, 2016
Rest StopBrunarica ob Bloškem jezeru
33T 463558 5072141
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view