Towards the peak, areas of shrub and leftovers of deep snow take turns (except in summer). If there is snow, it's best to avoid the shrubland and go over the snow-covered areas. Just before the summit there is a small flat area and around 10 minutes of easy ascent. From the summit you can see lake Blidinjsko and Mt Čvrsnica to the south, lake Ramsko and the mountains of central Bosnia to the north, and lake Buško far to the west. The trail is not marked, but there are waymarks to the east of the summit. If you take that road, the waymarks will take you to the shrub and snow, and it also doesn't show the "Hajdučke vrleti" motel where you can leave your car. The other way you can take is to the south, towards the lake, and it goes through a dense deciduous forest, and after three quarters of an hour you come out to a clearing where you can easily orientate as the motel is visible in the distance. You will reach it after 11 kilometres.
If you're looking for a mountain track with a spectacular view all the way, then Veliki Vran is the right place for you.
Rest StopHajdučke Vrleti Motel
Safety informationThe trail is technically undemanding and there is no risk of landmines.
Tips and hintshttp://planinarenje.ba/
Getting thereTake M17 to Jablanica. Drive into the town, then take R419 to Sovička vrata via the village of Doljani in the west. One short stretch of the road is macadam. The motel Hajdučke vrleti is 6km from the entrance to the Blidinje nature park.
ParkingYou can park in front of the Hajdučke vrleti motel or at a lay-by along the way.
EquipmentStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.