"Lelija is a mountain range within the Sutjeska National Park, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Geographically, it is part of the Dinaric Alps of southern Bosnia and Herzegovina, located south of Kalinovik, within the territory of the Republika Srpska. Geologically, the Lelija range is part of the Dinaric Alps and formed largely of secondary and tertiary sedimentary rock, mostly limestone and dolomite. Lelija is bordered by the Jezernica in the north, the Drina in the east, the Neretva in the west and Zelengora range in the south. Notable peaks are Velika Lelija (2032 m.), Todor (1949 m.), and Saikov Vrh (1562 m.)"
Safety informationThe Lelija mountain was not part of the frontline during the 1992-'95 conflict and therefore have virtually no contamination with land mines and unexploded ordnance.
Getting thereTake a road to Kalinovik and follow drections to Obalj. We advise to turn on navigation if not familiar with the ares. From Kalinovik to Obalj it is possible to arrange a private transfer, if hiking in small group. For more information, pls contact local mountain club Lelija at email@example.com.
ParkingThere is no official parking lot, but it is possible to leave your vehicle in Obalj.
EquipmentStandard hiking/mountaineering equipment depending on the season and weather conditions. Hiking boots and poles are a must.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.