You set out from Diva Grabovica via Zli potok, where the trail goes mostly through forest. Along that stretch of the trail, from the starting point to the house at Tise, there are two streams where you can replenish your water supply.
An excellent break area is the Žiško bivouac. Zli potok is around 50 metres above. This is where the ferrata starts, and with it, a serious climb. From the stream Diva Grabovice you continue towards Tise.
When you arrive at Tise, high above in the distance you will see Hajdučka Vrata. That part of the track is called Strmenica (Steepslope) for good reason, and most of it is exposed to the sun. When you reach Hajdučkih Vrata, the road continues by lake Crvenjak to the Vilinac mountain lodge. This is the end of the first day.
On the second day, continue to the peak Veliki Vilinac, just 40 minutes from the lodge. The view from the top defies description. Once you've reached the peak, you have three options. The first is to take the longest trail all the way across Mt Čvrsnica to the peak Pločno, then descend to Masna luka. This route is very difficult in summer heat. The second option is the shortest trail, via Mali Vilinac to the ski resort. The trail is badly marked, so the walk continues with a descent to Muharnica via Vitlenica. Although this route is well marked, at the end you have to traverse 6 long kilometres of asphalt.
After you master 2400 metres of altitude difference and over 30 km of trail, the walk ends at the motel "Hajdučke vrleti."
Rest StopHajdučke Vrleti Motel
Safety informationThe walk is demanding technically and in terms of fitness requirements. When climbing up the via ferrata the use of protective gear is mandatory: helmet, harness and ferrata set (or a Prusik with two carabiners). No risk of landmines.
Tips and hintshttp://planinarenje.ba/
Getting thereTake Exit West from Sarajevo, then M17 to Jablanica. Drive through Jablanica and continue towards Mostar. After the Begić and Begović bridge turn right across the Neretva River and take the macadam road to Diva Grabovica. At the end of the road there is a large lay-by (park there).
Since the walk ends on the other side of Mt Čvrsnica (Muharnica) you have to find transport from Muharnica to Diva Grabovica.
ParkingPark at the large lay-by at the end of the road to Diva Grabovica.
EquipmentHelmet, harness and ferrata set (or a Prusik with two carabiners). Standard mountaineering equipment.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.