The Blue Line of Via Dinarica reaches Paklenica from the island of Pag. The most recommended tour takes hikers from Starigrad Paklenica through the canyon of Velika Paklenica. This route ascends along the creek of Velika Paklenica to the base of the impressive rock called Anića kuk, continuing further to the confluence of the creeks of Brezimenjača and Velika Paklenica, where we also come across a mountain lodge. At the edge of the Velika Paklenica canyon, there is an interesting cave called Manita peć – one of the most beautiful caves in Croatia, 175 meters long and 35 meters deep. It consists of one singe and huge hall, divided by dripstones into three smaller half-halls full of amazing dripstone features.
From Starigrad Paklenica, the Blue Line of Via Dinarica continues towards the town of Obrovac and towards the canyon of the Zrmanja River. The connecting route is long, and it predominantly leads along a busy road.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.