From the settlement of Brod na Kupi, we first briefly hike along the road towards Delnice. At the village of Iševnica, we turn from the main road to a side road leading upstream along the small river of Iševnica, and proceed to Donji Ložac. The route takes us right along the right bank of the Iševnica, ending at the access road from the direction of Skrad, close to the excursion facility Zeleni vir. This is where the creeks of Curak and Jasle meet, creating the river of Iševnica at their confluence. To the left, we can reach the impressive portal of Zeleni vir and the waterfall of the creek of Curak in 20 minutes of hiking. To the right, there is an attractive trail through the narrow rocky canyon called Vražji prolaz. Both of these route options are marked by hiking trail markings, and they end in Skrad.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.