Hiking trail markings along what used to be the connecting trail Kapela – Velebit are no longer maintained, so extra caution is required. However, orientation is not so difficult. In continuation of the route, we need to follow the road direction towards the south and the west, leading to the village of Alan. From that village, the route continues further south along the wider road for 4 kilometers to the village of Krivi Put, where there is a mountain shelter. From Krivi Put onwards, we follow the marked Senj Hiking Tour (Senjska planinarska obilaznica) towards the mountain pass of Vratnik that marks the beginning of the mountain of Velebit.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.