Gravel paths climbing through beech forests and traversing open grasslands lead to the medieval castle and picnic area at Bjelaj and ascend to the pass of Osječenica mtn., 700 meters below the summit. Riders gain spectacular views of the Unac canyon and beyond, before undertaking a thrilling descent through oak forests to the rivers of Unac and Una, at Martin Brod.
In order to take full advantage of the views, this route is laid out in the clockwise direction, beginning in Kulen Vakuf (by the entrance to Discover Camp). The total length of the route is 62 km. 65% of the route is gravel, and the cumulative elevation gain is 1137 m.
Getting thereExit from city center to road M5 (Bosanski Petrovac and Sarajevo, after 18 km turn right to road R408 (to Orašac and Kulen Vakuf), ride downhill to Ljutoč valey Ćelije-Orašac-Kulen Vakuf.
ParkingFree parking close to the bridge in Kulen Vakuf (right riverbank of the Una river) or ride over the bridge and park your vehicle on small square behind the mosque.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.