At the far end of Bahtijevica, where the trail turns to the west, there is a nice view point on mount Visocica, and canyons of the Neretva and Rakitnica rivers. The next portion of the Via Dinarica trail is actually visible from this view point.
The road and the trail splits at the junction not far from this view point. One is a shorter way directly to Boracko lake via the village of Kula, but the Via Dinarica trail continues straight towards the Boracka Draga and Borasnica mountain to connect with Borci village. At Borci, there is Santica villa and Lazar’s grave, but not far from there is also another fascinating - and one of the most beautiful - Stecci necropolises and a short but attractive canyon of Boracki creek. The trail descends down from Borci to the holiday and recreation area of Boracko lake and goes around to its “administration” center with a shop, restaurants and guesthouses.
Rest StopLjetna bašta Restaurant
Motel Snježna kuća
Safety informationMind your step on difficult terrain and watch for snakes when reaching with your hands or sitting on the grass in the shade.
The mountain rescue service is reached by calling 112.
Tips and hintshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ste%C4%87ak
Getting thereDrive from Mostar towards Sarajevo and turn right towards the locality of Potoci.
ParkingClose by hotel Snjezna kuca (Snow House).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentStandard hiking or biking equipment - for one day.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.