The highlights are magnificent vistas on Busko lake, several archeological spots and the eco-ethno village Grabovica. Besides hiking, this can also be a nice biking route, and there are also possibilities of crossing lakes in kayaks and canoes.
As the border crossing point at Vaganj (pass between Troglav and Kamesnica) is just for locals and is not an international border point, the last stage of the Croatian and first stage of the Bosnian Via Dinarica follows a pilgrim’s trail: the Our Lady of Sinj Route (http://www.stazagospisinjskoj.eu) . This will remain as the main White trail probably until Bosnia and Herzegovina joins the EU and Schengen treaty.
A recommended stop is eco-ethno village Grabovica, in fact a great holiday resort. This first BiH stage of White Trail Via Dinarica will end at locality of Little Gradac, where it will split from the Our Lady of Sinj Route.
Rest StopPansion Majo
Monastery - spiritual center "Carmel of St.Elijah"
Safety informationBe carefull when crossing the roads. 112 - emergency number in Bosnia and Herzegovina (also for Mountain Resce Service)
Tips and hintshttp://www.stazagospisinjskoj.eu/
Getting thereFrom Split, Livno or Tomislavgrad to Kamensko
Book recommendation by the author
Good boots and swimming suit :-)
Standard walking/hiking/ biking equipment.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.