It is obligatory for the athletes to have the following equipment with them, for the full duration of the race:
- basic first aid kit (plasters, few sterile gauze, dressings, bandage)
- camel bag or bottles that contain at least one liter of liquid;
- race bib visible for the full duration of the race;
- survival blanket/heat sheet;
- drinking cup or water bottle (no drinking cups shall be available at the refreshment areas);
- road-book (given by the organizer);
- mobile phone turned ON but kept in silent mode;
- suitable shoes
The obligatory material may be worn or placed inside the backpack.
The obligatory material shall be checked when the athlete collects the race bibs. Random checks shall be made along the race route.
It is strongly recommended to carry the following material:
- wind cheater (anorak) suitable for bad weather in high mountain areas;
- long sleeved top
- cap, hat or bandanna
- energy bars or solid food;
- a small amount of money for the possible purchase of food in the mountain shelters and/or at the shops in the villages;
- elastic bandages.
The use of poles is permitted but if competitor choose to use it, it must be worn throughout the entire race. Competitor must carry poles in such fashion that it does not represent any danger to other competitors