It's important to keep in mind that there isn't a single spring from Bijela to Lupoglav. From Bijela you set out in the direction of Grabovčići along a steep forest road. This area is rich in brambles, and in higher altitudes raspberries are also abundant.
Walking through the dense forest and thicket is rather difficult until you reach Barni do and finally leave the forest. From Barni do you can see Lupoglav and the ridge of Vidine kape. The road continues across a scree, towards the saddle between the two peaks.
On your way back there is a descent west of Barni do. This part of the road is not maintained and it's quite difficult to walk. You often come across washouts and stretches of scrubland which are rather difficult to pass through. There are wells in the area, marked on the map, 4-5 metres deep, but the water from them isn't potable. The openings are uncovered, and you can fall in if you're not carefull, which could be fatal, especially in winter.
Descend to Barni do and go back down the same road through the thicket to Grabovčići and to do Bijela.
Sigurnosne informacijeThe trail requires a high level of fitness, care should be taken during the final climb up the scree to the peak Lupoglava. No risk of landmines.
Take plenty of water, there are no springs in the area.
Savjeti, naznake i linkovihttp://planinarenje.ba/
Kako stići do tamo?Take Exit West from Sarajevo on M17 and drive to Mostar via Konjic and Jablanica. When you pass the junction to Drežnica drive on for 7 km and turn left before the bridge into the canyon of the river Bijela. Drive on the macadam to the little dam on the Bijela and park there.
ParkiranjeAt the lay-by by the dam.
OpremaStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Feste, bequeme und wasserdichte Bergschuhe oder Zustiegsschuhe
- Kleidung im Mehrschicht-Prinzip mit Feuchtigkeitstransport
- Rucksack (mit Regenhülle)
- Sonnen-, Regen- und Windschutz (Hut, Sonnencreme, wasser- und winddichte Jacke und Hose)
- Ausreichend Proviant und Trinkwasser
- Erste-Hilfe-Set mit Blasenpflaster
- Blister kit
- Biwaksack/Survival Bag
- Navigationsgerät/Karte und Kompass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.