You can park by the fountain-spring just outside the village, and the trail leads through the forest. After about 30 minutes walk you reach a plateau which offers a wonderful view of the mountains Visočica and Bjelašnica. Not far from there the road branches off to the left, in the direction of Baletine vode, where there's a potable spring. The trail continues through a meadow all the way to a fork where the left branch goes to the villages of Barice and Đevigrad, the right to the summit Mala Ćaba. The area is rich in water and wellsprings, and can be exceptionally windy.
The view from the summit is spectacular, you can see the massifs of Treskavica and Visočica. It can often be rather windy on the summit, so caution is advised.
Sigurnosne informacijeThe trail is technically undemanding but there is risk of landmines and you should stay on the marked trail.
Savjeti, naznake i linkovihttp://planinarenje.ba/
Kako stići do tamo?Follow the highway M18 to Krupac and, just beyond the quarry, turn right on the regional road R442a to the Bjelasnica and Igman. When you reach Hotel Maršal on Bjelašnica continue straigt ahead, then descend all the way down to Šabići. From Šabići continue straight ahead to the village of Rakitnica, then down the macadam road up the river Rakitnica to the fountain where you can park your car.
ParkiranjePark at the lay-by by the fountain.
OpremaStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Feste, bequeme und wasserdichte Bergschuhe oder Zustiegsschuhe
- Kleidung im Mehrschicht-Prinzip mit Feuchtigkeitstransport
- Rucksack (mit Regenhülle)
- Sonnen-, Regen- und Windschutz (Hut, Sonnencreme, wasser- und winddichte Jacke und Hose)
- Ausreichend Proviant und Trinkwasser
- Erste-Hilfe-Set mit Blasenpflaster
- Blister kit
- Biwaksack/Survival Bag
- Navigationsgerät/Karte und Kompass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.