After you park by the above-mentioned mountain house, a walk down the macadam road will take you to Lake Gvozno. There is a spring of potable water nearby, and you'll see a mine field sign, a reminder that on Treskavica you should make sure you walk on marked trails only.
The first ascent starts by the spring -- the first few hundred metres one has to skip over larger rocks leading to the scree slope. A rope has been installed on the slope to make the ascent easier. Care should be taken here to avoid setting off rockslides that can hurt climbers below. Wearing a helmet is recommended. After the scree you will see a signpost -- Mali Treskač, 30 minutes to your left, and Treskač, 60 minutes to your right. The terrain is still steep, but there is no more risk of rockslide.
When you reach the top you get a good view of the whole mountain. There is a summit sign by the edge of the 500-metre cliff. The ridge leading to Treskač stretches further to the northwest, in the direction of the Surdupi sinkhole. Unfortunately, that part of the track hasn't been waymarked, and descending down this route is not recommended. Instead, you should go back the same way you reached Treskač. Take extra care whilst descending the scree. This is best done in pairs, with plenty of distance between every two pairs.
The track does not require great levels of fitness, and is around 8 km long.
Sigurnosne informacijeStay on the marked trail. As you climb up the cable watch out for rockslides.
Savjeti, naznake i linkovihttp://planinarenje.ba/
Kako stići do tamo?From Sarajevo take M18 to Trnovo. In Dobro Polje turn right to R433 which leads to Kalinovik. After some ten kilometres turn right to the macadam road to Gvozno Polje. Drive on for 8 km on the macadam to the hunters hut where you can leave your car.
ParkiranjeNo car park, park at the lay-by.
OpremaStandard mountaineering equipment, in accordance with the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Feste, bequeme und wasserdichte Bergschuhe oder Zustiegsschuhe
- Kleidung im Mehrschicht-Prinzip mit Feuchtigkeitstransport
- Rucksack (mit Regenhülle)
- Sonnen-, Regen- und Windschutz (Hut, Sonnencreme, wasser- und winddichte Jacke und Hose)
- Ausreichend Proviant und Trinkwasser
- Erste-Hilfe-Set mit Blasenpflaster
- Blister kit
- Biwaksack/Survival Bag
- Navigationsgerät/Karte und Kompass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.